Saturday 9 April 2016

Feed Me Seymour Friday! (This time on a Saturday)

Just another day of eating...

Breakfast – 6:45am


Things started off a little fishy on this particular day and it wasn’t due to the suspicious behaviour of next door’s cat who has started making regular break-ins to my room whenever I leave the window open. What do you want Oscar?! It can’t be any more attention; I have no more to give! Maybe he was after the first part of breakfast which consisted of some salmon and mushrooms on a whole-wheat English muffin accompanied by a trough of spinach. Yes, this is what the cat has probably been hankering after, he’d love this -my sister wouldn’t however; this is something she’d only eat if being force-fed in hell.

Part 2 of breakfast was a bit more exciting, actually who am I kidding it was a million more times exciting. Lately I’ve been on a bit of a carrot cake trip and by that I mean I just want it. Like, all the time. In reality, who really doesn’t want carrot cake all the time? Do you? Of course you do, we all do. Anyway, to satisfy this near homicidal need for the carroty goodness, I got to experimenting in the kitchen again and one of the many creations (both good and horrific) were these carrot cake breakfast bites. Consisting of carrots, oats, a couple of dates, a little desiccated coconut and some truvia, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger these little guys were the perfect sweet treat and more than acceptable as part of a balanced breakfast. I think this recipe needs a little perfecting before I post it fully but as all the kids are saying: Watch this place. Wait, no damn it, I mean sp…

Morning Snack – 11:00am


I was Ballsy enough to actually photograph my food at work for this post. Please enjoy the background of my desk, guest starring my keyboard. As you may or may not know, I usually have a pretty hefty mid-morning snack and today was no exception. Looking at this box of treats, you will spy some white grapes, a very undersized apple, some walnuts, a home-made cinnamon-sugar cake-cookie (which is actually sugar free) and what’s this? Ooooh, a mystery item in foil. This is intriguing, let’s find out what’s inside.

Tadah!

Well that was underwhelming wasn’t it? However, looks can be deceiving dear friends as this little Frisbee has been a consistent go to snack lately due to both its simplicity and taste factor. It’s basically two corn cakes sandwiched together with some chocolate PB2 and sliced banana. A bit of a basic bi*** snack I know but honestly it’s so good, not to mention versatile. You can use any nut butter and fruit combo for this and if you’re really feeling fancy, a dash of cinnamon usually never goes amiss but on this day something inside of me was screaming ‘Elvis!’ and the peanut butter/banana mix just seemed right.

Lunch – 2:00pm


Touching back on that ‘looks can be deceiving’ point we just went over, lunch was of those examples where food, even though tasting good and being full of nutritious, wholesome ingredients can sometimes resemble something that would more likely be found clogging up the u-bend of a kitchen sink. Yes, Lunch looked sad today. If you’re wondering what this strange creation is, the answer is a very hearty and delicious vegetable casserole with broccoli, asparagus, carrots, swede, leeks, onions, lentils and kidney beans accompanied by a side of mustard mash. Tasty, despite looking like it’s already been pre-digested.

Dinner – 6:15pm


Dinner was lovingly prepped by Nan (thank goodness for nans), and consisted of some basa fish, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans and sweet potato mash. The only thing I had to do when I got back from work was pop the fish in the microwave which truth be told, I didn’t think would be as much of an issue as it was. This seemingly simple task actually turned out to be quite the opposite, as radioactive, hot fish is quite spiteful and tends to both spit bits of itself all over the interior of the microwave whilst simultaneously stinking out the kitchen.

Quite rude really.

After ensuring that the kitchen smelt like Plymouth harbour I chilled for a few hours with my brother who was on a fleeting visit from Devon. We chatted about a manner of important topics such as who died on the Walking Dead and what epicness we think is going to take place on the upcoming season of Game of Thrones - very pressing matters indeed.

Post Workout snack – 9:30pm



By the time I actually got round to working out it was 8:45pm and let’s be real here, nobody needs weighted arm circles past 9 in the evening. On this day I think it was mostly upper body with some cardio thrown in for good measure which was just… splendid. The exercise did leave me peckish however and for the sake of being lazy time efficient, I opted for a humble bowl of cous cous with peas, flavoured with pepper and garlic powder. I also had another corn cake with some more chocolate PB2 on top because come the night time, my inventiveness switch goes into shut down. 

I realise now that I didn’t explain earlier that PB2 is powdered peanut butter (in case you weren’t aware). It has much less fat than regular peanut butter and although not quite as good in my opinion, it still hits all the right notes on my taste buds. It’s presence in my cupboard also helps make my regular natural peanut butter last longer than just one week, which is the longest it would probably survive considering that I try to put it on everything and even when nothing is available I’ll resort to the spoon/finger jar scooping method. Is there a possibility that this could become an addiction? Yes, yes there is. Am I concerned about this? No, no I am not.

All of the Nut Butter!!!!!!!!!!!!!


*Ahem*

Happy eating!  

No comments:

Post a Comment